Makalei Golf Club
Situated in the Kona region on the west side of Hawaii Island, known for its cool climates and world famous coffee farms, Makalei boasts an elevation range from 1,800 to 2,850 feet. This Kona golf layout is a cool, scenic, lush forest alternative to the island’s coastal golf course experiences. The temperate climate, lush surrounding forests, and elevation offer a great challenge for golfers of all skill levels. Several distinctive features on the course include bent grass greens, lava tubes, cinder cones and a stone wall dating back more than a century.
Regardless of skill level, Kona golf enthusiasts will appreciate the indigenous flora and fauna of the area, which includes many native species of plants as well as numerous peacocks, pheasants, wild turkeys, and other wildlife. While the golf course and native plants and animals are enough for most people to enjoy the experience.
- Credit Cards - AmericanExpress: yes
- Credit Cards - Discover: yes
- Credit Cards - JCB: yes
- Credit Cards - MasterCard: yes
- Credit Cards - Visa: yes
- Dress Code?: Collard shirts, no denim or swimwear
- Group Discounts?: Yes, Contact Lee Kagawa
- Personal Checks: Yes
- Reservations Recommended?: Yes
- Hours of Operation: 6:30am - 6:30pm