E Pulama Mau Ia Maui - 2018 Exhibition Series
AN EXHIBITION SERIES IN 2018 :
The Maui Historical Society has chosen to extend a yearlong series, E Pūlama Mau Iā Maui, in 2018. There will be two (2) exhibits that run bi-annually throughout the year:
Ola Pono: Evolution of Health Care on Maui (April – July)
1. Traditional Hawaiian health care practices.
2. Historical Perspective: Exploring the health and well-being practices during the time of the Wailuku Female Seminary (1837-1849) and the coming of the missionaries to Maui.
3. Mauiʻs health care systems into contemporary Maui. Collaborative efforts with Hui No Ke Ola Pono of Wailuku, Maui and Papa Ola Lokahi.
Mōaukala O Ka Oihana Mokulele ma Maui:
Aviation History of Maui (August – December)
1. History and evolution of Maui's airports.
2. How Maui's airports shaped our islands tourist industry.
3. The Role WWII played on the development of Maui's airports.