What is the time difference from the continental US?
- Hawaii follows Hawaii Standard Time (GMT-10 hours), which is 5 hours behind Eastern Standard Time and 2 hours behind Pacific Standard Time. Hawaii does not observe Daylight Savings Time so add one extra hour to the time difference during this period (March through November).
Where is the main airport on Lanai?
- The main airport on Lanai is Lanai Airport (LNY). There is no direct service to Lanai from the continental US. Instead, fly to Honolulu International Airport (HNL) or Kahului Airport (OGG) in Maui, where you can connect to several local airlines with service to Lanai Airport. For those flying into Maui, you can travel to Lanai’s Manele Harbor from Maui’s Lahaina Harbor through the Expeditions ferry service. There are 5 round-trips daily. Ferry trips take roughly an hour. For more information call (800) 695-2624, (808) 661-3756 or visit www.go-lanai.com.
Do I need a car to get around Lanai?
- Lanai has a great Island-wide transportation system offered for a nominal fee that is available through the Four Seasons Resorts, Hotel Lanai and Expedition Ferry (to and from Maui). The island shuttle offers an easy way to get from the airport to the hotels in Lanai City and Hulopoe Bay, the beautiful golf courses, and the Expedition Ferry. The shuttle is convenient and runs frequently. Booking a rental 4-wheel drive in advance from Dollar Rent A Car in Lanai City for exploring the special sites throughout the island is the best way to discover all that Lanai has offer.
Where are the major hotel and resort areas on Lanai?
- Lanai has two world-class resorts, the Four Seasons Resort Lanai, and the Four Seasons Resort Lanai, Lodge at Koele. The historic Hotel Lanai can be found in Lanai City.
Do I need my passport to get to Lanai?
- Since Hawaii is the 50th state, you won’t need to bring your passport unless you’re visiting from outside the United States or traveling to another country after Hawaii.
What should I pack on my trip to Lanai?
- The weather on Lanai is regularly warm and dry. Because of its location, the island does not get as much rain as the others. Bring a light jacket since Lanai City sits at nearly 1,700 feet, where the warmest months reach about 72º. Temperatures at Manele and Hulopoe Bay are usually about 10º to 12º warmer.
- Traveler’s checks aren’t necessary since credit cards are widely accepted and ATM machines are available.
When is a good time to visit Lanai?
- Anytime of year is a good time to visit Lanai. Summer is warmer and drier while winter is slightly cooler. Trade winds keep things comfortable year-round. Lanai City sits at nearly 1,700 feet so it’s noticeably cooler here than it is at the beaches.
- Whale watching season begins in December and ends in May. Peak whale watching months are between January and early April.
How far is it from Lanai Airport (LNY) to:
What is the area code for Lanai?
- The area code for the state of Hawaii is (808).