Anaina Hou Community Park
Anaina Hou Community Park is a non-profit organization located on the North Shore of Kauai. We were founded by Bill and Joan Porter to provide a gathering place for our community.
Our mission is to enrich the lives of our Island community through arts, education, recreation and agriculture, while sharing our cultural values and the spirit of aloha.
Today, our 15-acre campus proudly offers:
Mini Golf and Gardens
Over 25,000 guests per year visit Anaina Hou to play a round of 18-hole miniature golf with fun obstacles perfect for the entire family. It is fully integrated within a lush Hawaiian Botanical Garden displaying the evolution of the islands, the cultures that came here, and hundreds of beautiful plants. Our Botanical Garden teaches about native and endemic plants, endangered species and history of Hawaii’s culture through the arrival of plant life.
Café and Gift Shop
- Our Café is open seven days a week from 8am to 8pm and offers breakfast, lunch and dinner, and a full coffee bar featuring organic free trade espresso.
- We also offer one of the North Shore’s best Gift Shops, brimming with locally-made art and crafts, gift ideas, household goods and toys.
- 100% of the proceeds of our Café and Gift Shop support the mission of Anaina Hou.
Wai Koa Loop Trail and Stone Dam
We steward access to the Wai Koa Loop Trail, a 5-mile hiking and bike path that brings adventurers to the historic Stone Dam. We also rent mountain bikes for use on the Trail and extended rentals for use across Kauai.
We present two weekly markets featuring Kauai farmers and locally-grown produce, prepared foods and crafts.
- Mondays from 2:00 pm to dusk
- Saturdays from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Playground and Skate Park
Families, keiki and teens regularly gather on our campus to enjoy our playground and skate ramps.
Free Monthly Events
- Kilauea Night Market –a monthly festival held on the last Saturday of each month on the Anaina Hou campus, formerly known as Kilauea Art Night. It features local artisans, live music and trendy food trucks. Find pottery, paintings, photography, apparel, jewelry, wood workers and more!
- Free First Friday Film Series – free family films under the stars the first Friday of each month. Gather up the family, bring a blanket or lawn chair, join us early to save your spot and enjoy refreshments or dinner from our Café.