Scroll to Continue
The culture of our Hawaiian Islands is steeped in the values of kuleana (responsibility) and aloha. Now that travelers can once again enjoy our islands, we are asking you to join in our efforts to help keep Hawaii safe.
The islands of Oahu, Maui, Molokai, Lanai, and Hawaii continue with the state’s pre-travel testing program. Travelers must have their negative test results prior to departing as an alternative to Hawaii’s mandatory 10-day quarantine.
Kauai has updated its pre-travel testing program and procedures for both incoming trans-pacific and inter-county travelers. Click here for more information.
For more information visit hawaiicovid19.com/travel and register with the State of Hawaii Safe Travels online system. Only test results from Trusted Testing and Travel Partners will be accepted. All incoming travelers are required to have their temperatures checked and complete a health questionnaire online before they can leave the airport.
See full details below on steps and resources to efficiently plan your trip to the Hawaiian Islands.
NOTE: INFORMATION FOR TRANS-PACIFIC TRAVELERS, INCLUDING U.S. AND CANADA.
Information for Japan travel may be found here.
Beginning in mid-December, travelers flying from Canada to Hawaii may bypass the state’s mandatory 10-day quarantine if they have a negative COVID-19 test result from a lab identified by Air Canada or WestJet prior to departure.
Currently, international travel restrictions prohibit European and other countries from traveling to the U.S. Click for a list of countries.
- The state of Hawaii’s 10-day mandatory self-quarantine for all travelers arriving in the Hawaiian Islands remains in effect. A pre-travel testing option will allow travelers an alternative. Beginning November 24, travelers must have their negative test results prior to arriving to the Hawaiian Islands. Visit hawaiicovid19.com/travel for the most up-to-date information.
- Travelers who arrive without proof of a valid negative COVID-19 NAAT from the state of Hawaii’s Trusted Testing and Travel Partners list, will be subject to the state’s mandatory 10-day mandatory self-quarantine. Click here for the Trusted Travel Partners list and click here for self-quarantine requirements.
- Trans-pac travelers participating in the Safe Travels program will be randomly selected to take a County administered COVID-19 test upon arrival to Hawaii Island. The tests will be administered to approximately 25% of the passengers at all three airports and the cost of the test will be borne by Hawaii County. Safe Travels program details here.
- Inter-county travel between Kauai, Oahu, Maui, and Hawaii Island. Travelers will follow similar procedures as the 72-hour pre-travel testing program. Create a profile and enter your trip on Safe Travels. Test results will ONLY be accepted from State of Hawaii: Inter-County Trusted Testing Partners.
- City & County of Honolulu - inter-county passengers arriving on Oahu do not need to create a Safe Travels profile.
NOTE: Travelers who are subject to the 10-day traveler quarantine are prohibited from interisland travel while in quarantine.
- Give yourself extra time to get through airport security. Testing and requirements prior to arrival are noted in the Testing section above.
- 24 hours prior to departure, answer the health questionnaire on your Safe Travels account.
- While in flight and deplaning, travelers must follow the guidance of their air carrier regarding physical distancing, mask wearing and sanitation processes.
- All incoming Hawaii travelers will have their temperature checked upon arrival. Temperature scans will be taken via thermal temperature screening and facial-imaging technology. Photos are only temporarily retained for persons with elevated temperatures of 100.4 degrees F and above to help airport representatives identify them and conduct additional assessments.
- Should travelers have a temperature of 100.4 degrees F or higher, display COVID-19 symptoms, or provide answers on the online STATE TRAVELER HEALTH FORM requiring additional testing, they will be required to complete a secondary screening at the airport performed by trained health care staff.
- Travelers who arrive from a trans-pacific flight and pass through the airport screeners without a valid negative COVID-19 NAAT from the state of Hawaii’s Trusted Testing and Travel Partners list, will be subject to the state’s mandatory 10-day mandatory self-quarantine. Details here.
- Trans-pacific travelers participating in the Safe Travels program will be randomly selected to take a County administered COVID-19 test upon arrival to Hawaii Island. The tests will be administered to approximately 25% of the passengers at all three airports and the cost of the test will be borne by Hawaii County.